We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Sentura Group Ltd is the “data controller” for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR). Sentura Group Ltd’s data protection notification number is Z3098040
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide to us by filling in forms on our website cheers-rewards.co.uk (“Website”), including any personal information relating to you, your business or your organisation provided to us at the time you register to join the Sentura Group Ltd Cheers Rewards Program (“Cheers Rewards”)
- information about your use of Cheers Rewards, including use of the Marketing Resources, news features and your redemption of Cheers Rewards Points
- details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, information about the products that you purchase from us through our Fire Depot, Firechief Global and Medichief Global brands
- information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system, and browser type
- any other information you give us
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that
We may obtain information about your internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
When you first visit our Website, a Cookie will be created which will store a PHP session ID that we will use to reference you over multiple page views. This session ID will not be passed on to any third party service providers.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
For example, if you are using Microsoft Windows Explorer:
- Open 'Windows Explorer'
- Click on the 'Search' button on the tool bar
- Type "cookie" into the search box for 'Folders and Files'
- Select 'My Computer' in the 'Look In' box
- Click 'Search Now'
- Double click on the folders that are found
- 'Select' any cookie file
- Hit the 'Delete' button on your keyboard
If you are not using Microsoft Windows Explorer, then you should select "cookies" in the "Help" function for information on where to find your cookie folder.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a reasonable period.
Who will we share your information with?
We will only share your information as set out below:
- within the Sentura Group Ltd (which includes all our trading brands and businesses)
- [with companies or other organisations who participate in Cheers Rewards from time to time, including the Cheers Rewards Partners, and their group companies and or associated unincorporated businesses and any Relevant Charity
- with third party suppliers involved in the provision of Rewards
We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties if:
- substantially all of the assets of Sentura Group Ltd are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone, including us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We and the companies we share your information with may analyse and use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to understand your purchasing behaviour of our products
- to understand your business marketing needs
- to see how and when you use Cheers Rewards
- to provide you with relevant legislative updates and other related news
- to provide you with information, offers, products or services that you request or which we or the companies we share your information with feel may interest you
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or the companies we share your information with
- to allow you to participate in interactive Cheers Rewards features when you choose to do so
- to notify you about changes to Cheers Rewards
By registering as a Cheers Rewards Member, you consent to us and the companies or businesses we share your information with contacting you for the above purposes by post or telephone or by electronic means (e-mail or SMS).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data from time to time. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us through the enquiry form on the Contact Us page on our Website.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our Cheers Rewards Partner networks, suppliers of Rewards, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us. We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by emailing or writing to us.